Wildlife Shelter, Inc.
Bike Trail Talks
What: Wildlife Shelter's Summer Bike Trail Talks
Where: The San Souci Bike Trail adjacent to the clinic and behind the Rockwood Lodge in Homewood
When: Starting the 1st of July and continuing through Labor Day; every Saturday from 12 noon to 1pm.
Discussions will fill the air about local wildlife behavior, physiology, and biology. Topics include:
- Lions and Bears: Their Needs, Habits, and Problems
- Tahoe Tree Huggers: From Roots to Canopy (Mammals & Birds)
- Tahoe's Environmental Balancing Act: Day vs Night vs Wildlife
- Sierra Reptiles (Rattlesnake, Gopher Snake, Rubber Boa)
- Wild Truckee River Residents (Mink, Ducks, Geese, Fish)
- Lake Dependence: Eagles, Hawks, Pelicans, and Others
- Owls: Their Incredible Stories (GHO, Pygmy, Saw-Whet, Flam)
- Going Wild Over Bats and Swallows
- The Silent Majority: Tahoe Insects and Arachnids
- Hibernation: Who Does & Why (Ground Rodents, Bears, Bats)
All presentations and discussions are led by WSI volunteers
and they appreciate your comments.